Subject: 24.0.91; Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

From: John ff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:38:31 +0000

When I attenmpt to do anything with todays bzr code it sas

Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size

Mailing, byte comopiling.... Not seen this before

Send from Friday's emacs

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.2 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2011-11-03 on xenakis
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-s b * M <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> C-g C-x b * M e <tab> <return> M-m C-x 
k <return> M-x r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /jpff/.myemacs.elc (compiled; note, source file is newer)...done
Loading image-file...done
Loading delsel...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Quit
Loading mail-extr...done
Parsing /jpff/.mailrc... done
Entering debugger...
mouse-yank-primary: No selection is available
No selection is available

Load-path shadows:
/bigdisk/jpff/GNU_21/local-lisp/autotest-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/autotest-mode
/bigdisk/jpff/GNU_21/local-lisp/autoconf-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/autoconf-mode
/bigdisk/jpff/GNU_21/local-lisp/ses hides /jpff/GNU_21/emacs/trunk/lisp/ses
/bigdisk/jpff/GNU_21/local-lisp/socks hides /jpff/GNU_21/emacs/trunk/lisp/net/socks

Features:
(shadow help-mode view debug emacsbug mailabbrev mailalias mailcrypt
mail-extr comint ring sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils multi-isearch eldoc delsel image-file cus-start
cus-load logger crypt crypt++ crypt+pgp-pub paren uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload holidays hol-loaddefs regexp-opt cal-menu
easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs time time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet
lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

==John ffitch