Subject: bug#9982: M-x load-theme does not change background color

From: Brendan Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 11:55:33 -0800

I tested originally with emacs -Q.

I originally found the problem in an XFCE environment. I tried it out
on Gnome, and it seemed to work fine. So it may be related to some
kind of system theme.

Another thought is that my XFCE environment has GTK3 libs installed,
whereas the gnome environment has only GTK2 libs, so it might be
related to that. Is there a way to check whether emacs is linking
against GTK2 or GTK3?

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Brendan Miller wrote:
>
>> When loading emacs color themes with M-x load-theme, the background
>> color is never set to anything other than white. Tested with manoj-dark,
>> which is explicitly documented as having a black background.
>
> Works for me with both Lucid and GTK builds of the current trunk.
>
> emacs -Q                            ;  background is white
> M-x load-theme RET manoj-dark RET   ;  background is black
>
> Does it work in emacs -Q for you?
> Do you have a system theme that imposes a colour?
>
> The information that M-x report-emacs-bug provides might be useful.
>