Subject: bug#9980: 24.0.91; doc string of `with-selected-frame'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 15:11:56 -0800

1. The doc string is incomplete.  You need to do the same kind of thing you
did for `with-selected-window' for this macro as well.
 
What's missing is mention that some state is saved and restored.  When
you say only that the body is executed with FRAME as the selected frame
you mislead people into thinking that FRAME stays selected throughout.
In fact, what happens is that FRAME and the config are saved at the
beginning and then restored at the end.
 
Compare/contrast with the doc string for `with-selected-window' and you
should see the light.
 
2. The grammar of this sentence is anyway incorrect: "This macro neither
changes the order of recently selected windows nor the buffer list."  It
should say something like, "This macro changes the order of neither the
recently selected windows nor the buffers in the buffer list."
 
IOW, "neither changes X nor" requires another verb: "neither changes X
nor throws up on Y."  What you are looking for is "changes neither X nor
Y."

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-10-30 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
 -L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'