Subject: Re: bug#9960: Compiling Emacs trunk with MSVC

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 10:27:50 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please commit this, thanks.

Done.

> Try this one:

This works.

Next problem:

emacsclient.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __environ
obj/i386/emacsclient.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
VC\BIN\link.EXE"' : return code '0x460'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\
VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

A similar problem is described here
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.devel/84654, but
removing our extern declaration does not fix the problem as it did for them.

Also, `environ' has been deprecated since VS2005, see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/stxk41x1%28v=VS.90%29.aspx, but
that does not have to be resolved now.