Subject: bug#9960: Compiling Emacs trunk with MSVC

From: Tim Crews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 11:22:05 -0700

On 11/30/2011 11:04 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Can you please not use HTML in email messages sent to here?

Yes, sorry about that.

> If you tried a 64-bit build, then it is not yet supported on Windows.
> Try the 32-bit build, it should work.

I was doing a 32-bit build.  There are still a few minor changes from 
Fabrice Popineau that haven't made it into bzr yet. 
(http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9960#224)   With those 
changes, the build succeeds.

>>      the linum-mode bug was apparently caused by an issue with
>>      gcc.
> No, it wasn't.  But I fixed it already; try the next pretest when it
> will be ready, hopefully in a day or two.
>
I built from the latest bzr source and can confirm that the linum-mode 
crash no longer occurs on my end.  Since the issue was not related to 
gcc after all, the fact that I built with MSVC presumably does not 
affect the validity of this finding.

Tim Crews