Subject: bug#9960: OSX breakage

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 10:27:16 +0800

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Here's a proposed patch to fix that, by having Emacs use Gnulib's
>> environ module.  This syncs from Gnulib, and so it also brings
>> in the patches for Bug#9772 and Bug#9960.  (It is possible to
>> pull out just the environ fix by hand, but that's an error-prone process
>> and I'd rather avoid it.)  I have tested this on Fedora 15,
>> but not on OSX nor on Windows.
>
> FWIW, I'd very much prefer not to install such large changes a day or
> two before the next pretest.  If the only practical way of fixing this
> within gnulib is the proposed changeset, I'd say let's just add a
> declaration of environ conditioned on OS X and FreeBSD.  I don't like
> this solution, but I think on balance it has less potential for
> destabilizing the build.

Agreed.  Paul, can you pick out just the environ fix?  If not, we should
go with the ifdefs as Eli suggested, and leave any Gnulib synch for
post-24.1.