Subject: Re: 24.0.91; crash

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:21:54 -0500

same crash again:

GNU Emacs 24.0.91.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-11-04 on t520sds

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000004bc024 in x_draw_bar_cursor (w=0x37201e0, row=0x18f13f0,
width=2, kind=BAR_CURSOR)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xterm.c:7336
7336          if (face->background == f->output_data.x->cursor_pixel)
(gdb)
(gdb) p face
$1 = (struct face *) 0x0
(gdb) p *f
$2 = {header = {size = 4611686018427388950, next = {buffer = 0xd9cfc0,
vector = 0xd9cfc0}}, name = 16500161, icon_name = 11995522,
  title = 11995522, focus_frame = 11995522, root_window = 76950181,
selected_window = 57803237, minibuffer_window = 16091397,
  param_alist = 18002406, scroll_bars = 72232373,
condemned_scroll_bars = 11995522, menu_bar_items = 16281685,
  face_alist = 82032182, menu_bar_vector = 18892917, buffer_predicate
= 11995522, buffer_list = 79958822,
  buried_buffer_list = 27101430, menu_bar_window = 11995522,
tool_bar_window = 16186117, tool_bar_items = 11995522,
  tool_bar_position = 12036642, desired_tool_bar_string = 11995522,
current_tool_bar_string = 11995522, face_cache = 0x1081c00,
  menu_bar_items_used = 0, namebuf = 0xf72e70 "emacs", current_pool =
0x0, desired_pool = 0x0, desired_matrix = 0x0,
  current_matrix = 0x0, glyphs_initialized_p = 1, resized_p = 0,
force_flush_display_p = 0, default_face_done_p = 1,
  already_hscrolled_p = 1, updated_p = 0, minimize_tool_bar_window_p =
0, tool_bar_lines = 0, n_tool_bar_rows = 0,
  n_tool_bar_items = 0, decode_mode_spec_buffer = 0x158af90 "",
insert_line_cost = 0x0, delete_line_cost = 0x0,
  insert_n_lines_cost = 0x0, delete_n_lines_cost = 0x0, text_lines =
54, text_cols = 221, total_lines = 0, total_cols = 227,
  new_text_lines = 0, new_text_cols = 0, left_pos = 0, top_pos = 24,
pixel_height = 744, pixel_width = 1366, resx = 96, resy = 96,
  x_pixels_diff = 0, y_pixels_diff = 28, win_gravity = 1,
size_hint_flags = 0, border_width = 0, internal_border_width = 1,
  column_width = 6, space_width = 6, line_height = 13, output_method =
output_x_window, terminal = 0xeefe50, output_data = {
    tty = 0xf58b80, x = 0xf58b80, w32 = 0xf58b80, ns = 0xf58b80,
nothing = 16092032}, font_driver_list = 0xc5ee70,
  font_data_list = 0xdc2ac0, fringe_cols = 3, left_fringe_width = 9,
right_fringe_width = 9, want_fullscreen = FULLSCREEN_NONE,
  menu_bar_lines = 0, external_menu_bar = 1, display_preempted = 0
'\000', visible = 1 '\001', iconified = 0 '\000',
  async_visible = 1 '\001', async_iconified = 0 '\000', garbaged = 0
'\000', has_minibuffer = 1 '\001', wants_modeline = 1 '\001',
  can_have_scroll_bars = 1 '\001', auto_raise = 0 '\000', auto_lower =
0 '\000', no_split = 0 '\000', explicit_name = 0 '\000',
  window_sizes_changed = 0 '\000', mouse_moved = 0 '\000',
pointer_invisible = 0 '\000',
  vertical_scroll_bar_type = vertical_scroll_bar_left, desired_cursor
= BAR_CURSOR, cursor_width = 2,
  blink_off_cursor = DEFAULT_CURSOR, blink_off_cursor_width = 0,
message_buf = 0x158ac10 "\030\062D\364\377\177",
  scroll_bottom_vpos = -1, config_scroll_bar_width = 16,
config_scroll_bar_cols = 3, scroll_bar_actual_width = 18,
  cost_calculation_baud_rate = 19200, alpha = {-1, -1}, gamma = 0,
extra_line_spacing = 0, background_pixel = 13882323,
  foreground_pixel = 4734347}
(gdb) p f
$3 = (struct frame *) 0xf55c10
(gdb) p f->output_data.x
$4 = (struct x_output *) 0xf58b80
(gdb) p 8f->output_data.x
Invalid number "8f".
(gdb) p *f->output_data.x
$5 = {menubar_height = 28, toolbar_top_height = 0,
toolbar_bottom_height = 0, toolbar_left_width = 0, toolbar_right_width
= 0,
  border_tile = 71303365, normal_gc = 0xf8fd20, reverse_gc = 0xf8fdd0,
cursor_gc = 0xf8fe80, window_desc = 71303359, icon_desc = 0,
  parent_desc = 18883077, widget = 0xf8ae70, column_widget = 0xf8bae0,
edit_widget = 0xf8d170, menubar_widget = 0x10583d0,
  icon_bitmap = 1, font = 0x154d210, baseline_offset = 0, fontset =
17, cursor_pixel = 255, border_pixel = 0,
  mouse_pixel = 16711935, cursor_foreground_pixel = 13882323,
scroll_bar_foreground_pixel = 18446744073709551615,
  scroll_bar_background_pixel = 12566463, scroll_bar_top_shadow_pixel
= 15132390, scroll_bar_bottom_shadow_pixel = 7566195,
  text_cursor = 71303633, nontext_cursor = 71303637, modeline_cursor =
71303766, hand_cursor = 71303770,
  hourglass_cursor = 71303762, horizontal_drag_cursor = 71303774,
current_cursor = 71303633, hourglass_window = 71305303,
  hourglass_p = 0, needs_exposure = 0, wm_hints = {flags = 1, input =
1, initial_state = 0, icon_pixmap = 71303367,
    icon_window = 0, icon_x = 0, icon_y = 0, icon_mask = 71303369,
window_group = 0}, display_info = 0xe94850,
  saved_menu_event = 0x145c340, id = 1, explicit_parent = 0 '\000',
asked_for_visible = 1 '\001', has_been_visible = 1 '\001',
  xic = 0xf8f490, xic_style = 1032, xic_xfs = 0xf8dc00,
xic_base_fontname = 0x0, black_relief = {gc = 0xea4d00, pixel =
7566195,
    allocated_p = 1}, white_relief = {gc = 0x105eb90, pixel =
15132390, allocated_p = 1}, relief_background = 12566463,
  wait_for_wm = 1, x_pixels_outer_diff = 0, y_pixels_outer_diff = 0,
focus_state = 2, move_offset_top = 0, move_offset_left = 0,
  left_before_move = 0, top_before_move = 0}
(gdb) p *w
$6 = {header = {size = 4611686018427392056, next = {buffer =
0x3c11140, vector = 0x3c11140}}, frame = 16079893, mini_p = 11995522,
  next = 11995522, prev = 77138821, hchild = 11995522, vchild =
11995522, parent = 76950181, left_col = 456, top_line = 0,
  total_lines = 212, total_cols = 452, normal_lines = 62962743,
normal_cols = 8995519, new_total = 212, new_normal = 71186839,
  buffer = 95731957, start = 85923619, pointm = 85923579, force_start
= 11995522, optional_new_start = 11995522, hscroll = 424,
  min_hscroll = 424, use_time = 47384, sequence_number = 1340, temslot
= 8, last_modified = 5576, last_overlay_modified = 612,
  last_point = 14000, last_had_star = 11995522, vertical_scroll_bar =
97690069, left_margin_cols = 11995522,
  right_margin_cols = 11995522, left_fringe_width = 11995522,
right_fringe_width = 11995522, fringes_outside_margins = 11995522,
  scroll_bar_width = 40, vertical_scroll_bar_type = 11995570,
last_mark_x = 11995522, last_mark_y = 11995522,
  window_end_pos = 1588, window_end_vpos = 204, window_end_valid =
11995522, update_mode_line = 11995522,
  start_at_line_beg = 11995570, display_table = 11995522, dedicated =
11995522, base_line_number = 4, base_line_pos = 4,
  region_showing = 11995522, column_number_displayed = 380,
redisplay_end_trigger = 11995522, splits = 11995522, nest = 11995522,
  prev_buffers = 26685958, next_buffers = 11995522, window_parameters
= 80474646, current_matrix = 0x420dea0,
  desired_matrix = 0x420de30, nrows_scale_factor = 1,
ncols_scale_factor = 1, last_cursor = {x = 570, y = 338, hpos = 95,
    vpos = 26}, cursor = {x = 0, y = 338, hpos = -1, vpos = 26},
phys_cursor = {x = 0, y = 338, hpos = -1, vpos = 26},
  phys_cursor_type = 2, phys_cursor_width = 0, phys_cursor_ascent =
11, phys_cursor_height = 13, phys_cursor_on_p = 1,
  cursor_off_p = 0, last_cursor_off_p = 1, must_be_updated_p = 1,
pseudo_window_p = 0, frozen_window_start_p = 0, vscroll = 0,
  window_end_bytepos = 397}
(gdb) p *row
$7 = {glyphs = {0x4f86db0, 0x4f86db0, 0x4f88e50, 0x4f88e50}, used =
{0, 24, 0}, x = 0, y = 338, pixel_width = 144, ascent = 11,
  height = 13, phys_ascent = 11, phys_height = 13, visible_height =
13, extra_line_spacing = 0, hash = 59293549, start = {pos = {
      charpos = 3405, bytepos = 3405}, overlay_string_index = -1,
string_pos = {charpos = -1, bytepos = -1}, dpvec_index = -1},
  end = {pos = {charpos = 3535, bytepos = 3535}, overlay_string_index
= -1, string_pos = {charpos = -1, bytepos = -1},
    dpvec_index = -1}, minpos = {charpos = 3405, bytepos = 3405},
maxpos = {charpos = 3535, bytepos = 3535},
  overlay_arrow_bitmap = 0, left_user_fringe_bitmap = 0,
right_user_fringe_bitmap = 0, left_fringe_bitmap = 2,
  right_fringe_bitmap = 0, left_user_fringe_face_id = 0,
right_user_fringe_face_id = 0, left_fringe_face_id = 0,
  right_fringe_face_id = 0, left_fringe_offset = 0,
right_fringe_offset = 0, fringe_bitmap_periodic_p = 0,
  redraw_fringe_bitmaps_p = 1, enabled_p = 1, truncated_on_left_p = 1,
truncated_on_right_p = 0, continued_p = 0,
  displays_text_p = 1, ends_at_zv_p = 0, fill_line_p = 0,
indicate_empty_line_p = 0, contains_overlapping_glyphs_p = 0,
  full_width_p = 0, mode_line_p = 0, overlapped_p = 0,
ends_in_middle_of_char_p = 0, starts_in_middle_of_char_p = 0,
  overlapping_p = 0, mouse_face_p = 0, ends_in_newline_from_string_p =
0, exact_window_width_line_p = 0, cursor_in_fringe_p = 0,
  ends_in_ellipsis_p = 0, indicate_bob_p = 0, indicate_top_line_p = 0,
indicate_eob_p = 0, indicate_bottom_line_p = 0,
  reversed_p = 0, continuation_lines_width = 0, clip = 0x0}
(gdb) where
#0  0x00000000004bc024 in x_draw_bar_cursor (w=0x37201e0,
row=0x18f13f0, width=2, kind=BAR_CURSOR)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xterm.c:7336
#1  0x00000000004bc51b in x_draw_window_cursor (w=0x37201e0,
glyph_row=0x18f13f0, x=0, y=338, cursor_type=<optimized out>,
    cursor_width=<optimized out>, on_p=1, active_p=1) at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xterm.c:7455
#2  0x0000000000454c85 in display_and_set_cursor (w=0x37201e0, on=1,
hpos=-1, vpos=<optimized out>, x=0, y=338)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xdisp.c:25389
#3  0x00000000004babaf in x_update_window_end (w=0x37201e0,
cursor_on_p=<optimized out>, mouse_face_overwritten_p=0)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xterm.c:644
#4  0x0000000000414511 in update_window (w=0x37201e0,
force_p=<optimized out>) at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/dispnew.c:3689
#5  0x0000000000416473 in update_window_tree (w=0x37201e0, force_p=1)
at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/dispnew.c:3326
#6  0x000000000041644f in update_window_tree (w=0x4962aa0, force_p=1)
at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/dispnew.c:3324
#7  0x000000000041964e in update_frame (f=0xf55c10, force_p=1,
inhibit_hairy_id_p=0) at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/dispnew.c:3253
#8  0x00000000004458dc in redisplay_internal () at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/xdisp.c:13167
#9  0x0000000000502bc8 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=2,
maps=0x7fffffffd290, prev_event=11995522,
    used_mouse_menu=0x7fffffffd410, end_time=0x0) at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:2443
#10 0x00000000005050a7 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fffffffd470,
prompt=11995522, dont_downcase_last=0,
    can_return_switch_frame=1, fix_current_buffer=1, bufsize=30) at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:9290
#11 0x0000000000506d85 in command_loop_1 () at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1447
#12 0x000000000056cae6 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x506bb0
<command_loop_1>, handlers=12047714, hfun=0x4fbae0 <cmd_error>)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1499
#13 0x00000000004f9f4e in command_loop_2 (ignore=<optimized out>) at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1158
#14 0x000000000056c9c8 in internal_catch (tag=5150128, func=0x4f9f30
<command_loop_2>, arg=11995522)
    at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/eval.c:1256
#15 0x00000000004fb5b7 in command_loop () at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:1137
#16 recursive_edit_1 () at /home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:757
#17 0x00000000004fb8ec in Frecursive_edit () at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/keyboard.c:821
#18 0x000000000040fb0d in main (argc=1, argv=<optimized out>) at
/home/sds/src/emacs/trunk/src/emacs.c:1707
(gdb)