Subject: Re: bug#9945: 24.0.91; crash

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:24:06 -0500

> * Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> [2011-11-09 06:15:43 -0500]:
>> From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
>> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > Any hope of a reproducible recipe?
>> unlikely.
>
> Can you try at least describing what was being done at the time of the
> crash?

well, I was in a long-running emacs session which all of a sudden became
unresponsive.
ISTR that long ago the crashed emacs's windows became blank and that was
a clear indication of a crash. Now I see the text and menus but emacs
does not respond, and I have to realize that it is crashed and not
busy.  Eventually I do realize that and find the gdb screen window, but
by this time I have no idea what I was doing last.

Is there a way to access view-lossage in gdb?
that would be able to jolt my memory...

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://dhimmi.com http://palestinefacts.org http://www.memritv.org
http://memri.org http://mideasttruth.com http://iris.org.il
If you know that you know nothing, you know too much.