Subject: Re: bug#9939: Problems with the SIZE description in man pages for <ls> and <du>

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:43:48 -0800

On 11/09/11 18:08, abdallah clark wrote:
> In terms of being able to follow up with GIT DIFF, you need to
> remember that I am a newbie.

Ah, sorry, in that case, how about if you simply take the
output of the command "ls --help", edit it to improve
it, and send us your fixes.

Thus, you can use the following shell command:

ls --help > lshelp.txt

to create the file lshelp.txt.  Then edit that file to be the way
that you like.  Then send us the output of the following shell command:

ls --help | diff -u - lshelp.txt

so that we can see what edits you made.

If you want to improve the documentation for other commands,
you can repeat the recipe by using them in place of "ls".

Please bear in mind that small changes are easier for us to
review, so you probably want to avoid the temptation to
reformat the text.  The goal is to send us the wording changes
that you'd like to see.

It's probably best to start with one command, and maybe a simpler
one, so that we can iron out the procedure without having to spend
a lot of time on blind alleys.