Subject: Re: bug#9939: Problems with the SIZE description in man pages for <ls> and <du>

From: abdallah clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 20:08:18 -0600

Dear Paul,

Thank you for the prompt response.

In terms of being able to follow up with GIT DIFF, you need to
remember that I am a newbie. I have no idea even what that it, let
alone being able to reformat anything with it. I did a search on Yahoo
and got over 8 and a half million hits on that combination. Hopeless,
no doubt.

The easy way to see the text is to just put it into a text editor and
let no word-wrap be in effect. It was formatted beautifully when I was
writing it. I spent a lot of time making the columns align and putting
the experiments in logical groupings.

I figured on hitting someone's frustration level a lot earlier. Thanks
for listening so far, anyway.

            All the best to you and yours,

                   Abdallah Clark

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Paul Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 11/09/11 03:37, abdallah clark wrote:
>> I was wondering if you received my very detailed account
>
> Yes, I got it, and I'm afraid that it was long enough and
> required enough thinking that it got put into my TO-DO
> list, which is a very bad place to be (I have hundreds of
> items in it....).
>
> What I was hoping for, is a specific proposed patch to the
> coreutils, in the format generated by "git diff".  This patch
> would fix the documentation to make it clearer.  Is that
> something you could do?
>