Subject: bug#9939: Problems with the SIZE description in man pages for <ls> and <du>

From: Rüdiger Meier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 03:35:21 +0100

On Tuesday 15 November 2011, Eric Blake wrote:

> From e36e6f2c6e95d6e23be805f7bab6c596b1818d22 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00
> [...]
> -SIZE is an integer with an optional suffix (example: 10MB). 
> Suffixes are:\n\
> -KB 1000, K 1024, MB 1000*1000, M 1024*1024, and so on for G, T, P,
> E, Z, Y.\n\
> +SIZE is an integer and optional unit (example: 10M is 10*1024*1024).
> Units\n\
> +are K, M, G, T, P, E, Z, Y (powers of 1024) or KB, MB, ... (powers
> of 1000).\n\

Reviewing this I see that the case "unit only without int" is not 
documented now. This has been changed already in 50e5d024.
Probably no problem because it's only --help and not info page. Just 
want to note that.

Saying "and/or" instead of "and" could make it narrowly but still not 
100% exactly and more confusing again.

cu,
Rudi