Subject: Re: bug#993: 23.0.60; vc-find-root heuristic unreliable on Windows with Cygwin

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 22:18:27 -0400

Presumably this is now fixed, owing to these changes:

2008-10-25  Stefan Monnier  <[email-masked]>

    * files.el (locate-dominating-stop-dir-regexp): New var.
    (locate-dominating-file): Change arg from a regexp to a file name.
    Rewrite using the vc-find-root code to avoid directory-files which is
    too slow.  Obey locate-dominating-stop-dir-regexp.
    Don't pay attention to changes in owner.

[...]

    * vc-hooks.el (vc-find-root): Use locate-dominating-file.
    (vc-ignore-dir-regexp): Use locate-dominating-stop-dir-regexp.

Though now I have a bunch of bogus automounter queries cluttering up
my logs again, which I have some vague memory was the reason for the
change of ownership test in the first place...

Oct 28 18:39:02 foo automount[2831]: lookup_mount: lookup(yp): key
".hg" not found in map
Oct 28 18:39:02 foo automount[2831]: lookup_mount: lookup(yp): key
"_MTN" not found in map
Oct 28 18:39:02 foo automount[2831]: lookup_mount: lookup(yp): key
"{arch}" not found in map
Oct 28 18:39:03 foo automount[2831]: lookup_mount: lookup(yp): key
".dir-settings.el" not found in map

Time to customize locate-dominating-stop-dir-regexp I suppose...