Subject: bug#9927: unexec/unexmacosx fails with GCC 4.6.1 on intel Mac OS X 10.6.8

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 01:35:55 +0200

Am 16.05.2012 um 19:53 schrieb Paul Eggert:

> Peter, does bug 9927 also occur for Emacs 23?

Yes, this it the failure with GCC 4.6.3 for a 32-bit target on 64-bit hardware without --wide-int configure option in GNU Emacs 23.4 with the YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu patches applied:

	--- Header Information ---
	Magic = 0xfeedface
	CPUType = 7
	CPUSubType = 3
	FileType = 0x2
	NCmds = 25
	SizeOfCmds = 2564
	Flags = 0x01000085
	Highest address of load commands in input file: 0x441000
	Lowest offset of all sections in __TEXT segment:   0x15f4
	--- List of Load Commands in Input File ---
	# cmd              cmdsize name                address     size
	0 LC_SEGMENT             56 __PAGEZERO                0   0x1000
	1 LC_SEGMENT            600 __TEXT               0x1000 0x1ba000
	                           __text               0x25f4 0x156668
	                           __text_cold        0x158c5c    0x616
	                           __text_startup     0x159272   0x132e
	                           __symbol_stub      0x15a5a0    0xc90
	                           __stub_helper      0x15b230   0x14fc
	                           __cstring          0x15c72c  0x14683
	                           __const            0x170db0    0x820
	                           __eh_frame         0x1715d0  0x49a24
	2 LC_SEGMENT            736 __DATA             0x1bb000 0x1dc000
	                           __dyld             0x1bb000     0x1c
	                           __nl_symbol_ptr    0x1bb01c    0xb14
	                           __la_symbol_ptr    0x1bbb30    0x860
	                           __data             0x1bc390 0x1956dc
	                           __const            0x351a70   0x1008
	                           __static_data      0x352a80     0x31
	                           __bss4             0x352ac0   0x6424
	                           __bss2             0x358ee4  0x2fc68
	                           __pu_bss2          0x388b4c   0x5490
	                           __pu_bss4          0x38dfe0   0x8454
	3 LC_SEGMENT             56 __LINKEDIT         0x397000  0xaa000
	4 LC_DYLD_INFO_ONLY      48
	5 LC_SYMTAB              24
	6 LC_DYSYMTAB            80
	7 LC_LOAD_DYLINKER       28
	8 LC_UUID                24
	9 LC_UNIXTHREAD          80
	10 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	11 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	12 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	13 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	14 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	15 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	16 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          56
	17 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          56
	18 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          72
	19 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          68
	20 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          60
	21 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          48
	22 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	23 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          56
	24 LC_LOAD_DYLIB          52
	 0x1cfc080 (sz:   0x3f1c/  0x3f20)
	 0x1c00000 (sz:  0xfc080/ 0xfc080)
	 0x18fc080 (sz:   0x3f1c/  0x3f20)
	 0x1800000 (sz:  0xfc080/ 0xfc080)
	 0x27f8000 (sz:   0x5316/  0x7f98)
	 0x2000000 (sz: 0x52f0d3/0x7f8000)
	  0xaef000 (sz:        0/  0x1000)
	--- Load Commands written to Output File ---
	Writing segment __PAGEZERO       @        0 (       0/  0x1000 @          0)
	Writing segment __TEXT           @        0 (0x1ba000/0x1ba000 @     0x1000)
	Writing segment __DATA           @ 0x1ba000 (0x1dc000/0x1dc000 @   0x1bb000)
	        section __dyld           at 0x1ba000 - 0x1ba01c (sz:     0x1c)
	        section __nl_symbol_ptr  at 0x1ba01c - 0x1bab30 (sz:    0xb14)
	        section __la_symbol_ptr  at 0x1bab30 - 0x1bb390 (sz:    0x860)
	        section __data           at 0x1bb390 - 0x350a6c (sz: 0x1956dc)
	        section __const          at 0x350a70 - 0x351a78 (sz:   0x1008)
	unexec: unrecognized section name in __DATA segment
	make[1]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 1
	make[1]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
	make: *** [src] Error 2
	make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
	
	        Time spent in user mode   (CPU seconds) : 58.321s
	        Time spent in kernel mode (CPU seconds) : 2.891s
	        Total time                              : 1:15.72s
	        CPU utilisation (percentage)            : 80.8%
	Exit 2
	
	Compilation exited abnormally with code 2 at Thu May 17 01:27:46

I can try more 

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete      <\
             _\     O  _
            |o \  _\\_/-\='
_____________(_)|-(_)  (_)___________________________________