Subject: bug#9927: unexec/unexmacosx fails with GCC 4.6.1 on intel Mac OS X 10.6.8

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 10:53:08 -0700

Peter, does bug 9927 also occur for Emacs 23?  We'd like
to know whether this bug is a regression and thus is vital
to fix before Emacs 24 comes out.  Thanks.

http://bugs.gnu.org/9927

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-05/msg00348.html

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Pretest/release plans
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 19:03:57 +0800
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
CC: [email-masked]

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think removing -no-cpp-precomp should be ok for emacs-24, if that is
> only for supporting a bug in a nearly 10-year-old vendor-modified
> compiler.  But could someone with access to Mac OS please first verify
> that emacs-24 builds when this change is made?

Actually, nevermind---I just saw your message that even with this
change, Emacs still doesn't dump with gcc-4.6 on OS X.  So it's not
worth it.

Does anyone know if Bug#9927 exists for Emacs 23 as well, or if it is an
Emacs 24 regression?