Subject: bug#9926: patch: emacs-24.0.91 FTBFS on GNU/Hurd

From: Svante Signell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:54:31 +0100

Hello,

Interesting to see that emacs-24.1 is on its way with many new features.
When trying to compile the latest pre-release under GNU/Hurd, the build
fails due to a missing definition in src/gnu.h. Inlined is a patch to
add the proper definition of GC_MARK_STACK (as on many of the other
architectures). Otherwise the global variable: static Lisp_Object Vdead;
is undefined on line 6264: if (!EQ (obj, Vdead)) in function
which_symbols().

Thanks!

--- emacs-24.0.91/src/s/gnu.h~  2011-10-14 02:40:36.000000000 +0200
+++ emacs-24.0.91/src/s/gnu.h   2011-10-31 23:28:48.000000000 +0100
@@ -44,3 +44,5 @@
 #endif /* !_IO_STDIO_H */
 #endif /* emacs */
 
+/* Use the GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS (see lisp.h) method for marking the
stack.  */
+#define GC_MARK_STACK   GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS