Subject: bug#9924: closed (Re: bug#9924: 24.0.91; `report-emacs-bug': version info should be filled)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 10:55:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9924: 24.0.91; `report-emacs-bug': version info should be filled

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9924: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9924
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9924: 24.0.91; `report-emacs-bug': version info should be filled
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 12:51:05 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 00:49:45 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > In fact, looking at report-emacs-bug, I don't see it trying to fill
> > anything but the list of loaded features.  Am I missing something?
> 
> Probably not.  I'm not able to reproduce the bug since I'm just saying
> "./configure" without any options, but adding a `fill-region' at the
> right place is probably the correct fix.

Done (version 106976 on the trunk).

Subject: 24.0.91; `report-emacs-bug': version info should be filled
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:30:40 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This version info should be filled:
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-10-30 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
-L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'
 
The line is 481 chars wide here!
 
This is messy and interferes with things such as autofitting frames to
buffers.  It requires the user to hit `M-q'.  Emacs should be smart
enough to fill this automatically, ahead of time.  The filled version is
much easier to understand:
 
In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-10-30 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
 -L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'