Subject: RE: bug#9924: 24.0.91; `report-emacs-bug': version info should be filled

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 07:42:33 -0800

> > This version info should be filled:
...
> 
> I'm just including what you've posted, in total.  Both versions look
> very similar, and both seem to be filled.
> 
> And when I say `M-x report-emacs-bug', the buffer I get has an Emacs
> version that's filled.

I seriously doubt that.  Perhaps you have some setting that either automatically
fills things or that gives the impression that they are filled when they are
not.

> Are you still seeing this bug?

Yes, of course I am.

Here's the version info in the latest MS Windows snapshot I have, from
2012/01/05:

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-01-05 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
-ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include --ldflags
-LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/lib'

That last line is 462 characters wide!