Subject: bug#9923: 24.0.91; `where-is' does not find recentf menu items (cmds, not files)

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:26:36 -0700

emacs -Q
 
M-x recentf-mode  ; turn it on
 
C-h w recentf-cleanup
 
Says that it is not bound to any keys.  And yet it is on menu `File',
submenu `Open Recent' as item `Cleanup list'.
 
This seems to be a general problem for the `Open Recent' menu, including
for any submenus you might add to it.
 
The bug is not about the file-name entries in the `Open Recent' menu,
but the menu items that represent commands should show up as bindings
for `C-h w', no?  If not, why not?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-10-30 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
 -L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'