Subject: bug#9919: 24.0.91; font-lock broken in dired

From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2011 19:34:09 -0600

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> This regression started with the second delivery of pretest #1,
> 2011-10-31.  There is no such problem with the first delivery,
> 2011-10-24.
>  
> In my setup I use dired+.el, which is here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/dired%2b.el.

> [...]

> But none of the specified font-locking is manifested.  I see only the
> default emacs -Q font-locking.  I don't know why, and am not sure how
> to check this further.  

Drew,

I cannot reproduce this with the 24.0.91 Windows Pretest binary or my
current trunk build.

I downloaded dired+.el and put it in the Emacs path. With emacs -Q, I do
M-x load-library and load dired+.el. The dired buffer shows your custom
font-locking.

I then tried (require 'dired+) in my init.el and it also showed the
font-locking correctly when invoking dired.

Could anything have changed in your setup?

Christoph