Subject: Re: bug#9918: 24.0.90; lazy-highlighting in Info mode

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:08:17 +0100

>> >From "emacs -Q":
>> 1. Open Info node "(emacs)Top" (C-h r).
>> 2. Move point to the end of the first paragraph.
>> 3. Type "C-s extensible".
>>
>> The word "extensible" (in the first line of the paragraph) should be
>> lazy-highlighted, as happens if you repeat the experiment after doing
>> "M-x text-mode".
>
> This is a feature.  info.el sets isearch-search-fun-function to
> Info-isearch-search, which by default searches in a special way

IMO, it would be better if that special way of searching was
consistent with the standard Isearch wrt the lazy highlighting.

In step #3 above, the lazy highlighting is performed well until the
search begins to fail, point at which the lazy highlighting is
deactivated.  As I said, this behavior is (a) inconsistent with the
standard Isearch (try to do the same in text mode) and (b) less
informative for the user (there is indeed a match of "extensible" that
should be advised to the user).

-- 
Dani Moncayo