Subject: Re: bug#9898: 24.0.90; doc of :key-sequence

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 21:58:41 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> (elisp) Extended Menu Items
>
> "`:key-sequence nil'
>  This property indicates that there is normally no key binding
>  which is equivalent to this menu item.  Using this property saves
>  time in preparing the menu for display, because Emacs does not
>  need to search the keymaps for a keyboard equivalent for this menu
>  item.
>
>  However, if the user has rebound this item's definition to a key
>  sequence, Emacs ignores the `:keys' property and finds the keyboard
>  equivalent anyway."
>
> Should that `:keys' be `:key-sequence'?  Since when do we override :keys
> with whatever the command is bound to?

Looking at the code, it looks to me that the documentation is wrong
here.  But I might be wrong.  The function in question that uses this
stuff is `easy-menu-convert-item-1'.  Somebody should take a look and
decide.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/