Subject: bug#9898: 24.0.90; doc of :key-sequence

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:48:51 -0700

(elisp) Extended Menu Items
 
"`:key-sequence nil'
 This property indicates that there is normally no key binding
 which is equivalent to this menu item.  Using this property saves
 time in preparing the menu for display, because Emacs does not
 need to search the keymaps for a keyboard equivalent for this menu
 item.
 
 However, if the user has rebound this item's definition to a key
 sequence, Emacs ignores the `:keys' property and finds the keyboard
 equivalent anyway."
 
Should that `:keys' be `:key-sequence'?  Since when do we override :keys
with whatever the command is bound to?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-10-24 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
 -I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
 -L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'