Subject: bug#9897: 24.0.90; w32 control character configuration is severely lacking compared to ns-win.el

From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 12:03:46 +0800

Tim Visher <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm essentially looking for modifier key parity with ns ala:
>
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/lisp/term/ns-win.el#L182
>
> On Windows, that list would probably look like:
>
>     (defvaralias 'pc-allow-anti-aliasing 'pc-antialias-text)

Antialiasing can be specified on a per-font level with the Windows font
backends.  This is documented in the Emacs manual.

>     (defvaralias 'pc-windows-modifier 'pc-windows-modifier)

w32-lwindow-modifer

>     (defvaralias 'pc-right-windows-modifier 'pc-right-windows-modifier)

w32-rwindow-modifier

>     (defvaralias 'pc-control-modifier 'pc-control-modifier)
>     (defvaralias 'pc-right-control-modifier 'pc-right-control-modifier)
>     (defvaralias 'pc-alt-modifier 'pc-alt-modifier)

Standard keyboard keys can be remapped outside of Emacs. Commonly this
is done to swap left-control and caps-lock, for example, see
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SwapControlAltAndCapsLock

>     (defvaralias 'pc-right-alt-modifier 'pc-right-alt-modifier)

See above, and also w32-recognize-altgr

>     (defvaralias 'pc-function-modifier 'pc-function-modifier)

No idea which key you mean here. If you mean the Fn key present on some
laptop keyboards, I beleive this is handled by the keyboard hardware or
low level drivers, and not exposed by the OS.

>     (defvaralias 'pc-apps-modifier 'pc-apps-modifier)

w32-apps-modifier