Subject: ln man page ambiguity

From: Michael J Daniel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 05:29:55 -0700

This bug is on the ln man page.

The ln man page uses the terms, "link", "target", "source", 
"destination", and "references"

For those of us who are not already experts on the use of ln,
the terms are ambiguous.
Does "source" mean "link" or "target"?
When is the man page talking about ln command line parameters,
and when is it talking about using links in other command lines?
Is a "reference" and target?

Please rewrite the page and remove all uses of "source", "destination", 
and "references".
If not, please clearly define, in the man page, "source" and 
"destination", and define
1) their relationship to the ln command line parameters,
2) use of file names in other command lines, and
3) "link" and "target".

I'd do it, if I were an expert on the use of ln.
But there's got to be an expert on the use of ln somewhere in gnu.org

thanks,
michael

PS) Let's not make this harder than it needs to be.