Subject: bug#9891: 24.0.90; Duplicated entry at the info directory

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 20:49:53 +0200

> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:39:06 +0200
> From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I don't have an INFOPATH environment variable, but I've seen that,
> inside Emacs, the value of the variable `Info-directory-list' is
> ("c:/emacs/trunk/info/" "c:/emacs/build/info/").
> 
> Each of these two directories has a `dir' file.  They are exact copies
> from the emacs-trunk repository (with a single `Info' entry).
> 
> I thought this issue would have an immediate and trivial solution, but
> since (a) it's something more obscure, (b) it's specific to my setup,
> and (c) It's unimportant, I don't think it's worth to spend more time
> on this.

This is not specific to your setup.  Emacs deliberately includes in
Info-directory-list both the source and the installation directories.
This is explained in the doc string.

This is also not unimportant.  info.el goes to great lengths to
streamline the top-level Info directory, so that code better be right,
or we should simply remove it.