Subject: bug#9891: 24.0.90; Duplicated entry at the info directory

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:39:06 +0200

>> There are two identical entries at the info directory (C-h i), like this one:
>>
>>   * Info               How to use the documentation browsing system.
>
> Do you have multiple info dir files with entries for `Info' on your
> system, or a single dir file with duplicated entries, or multiple copies
> of info's info file (maybe one compressed, one not compressed?) in
> $INFOPATH (or whatever the MS Windows equivalent is)?
>
> There is only one entry for `* Info' in info/dir in the Emacs source, so
> I am not sure this is an Emacs issue.

I don't have an INFOPATH environment variable, but I've seen that,
inside Emacs, the value of the variable `Info-directory-list' is
("c:/emacs/trunk/info/" "c:/emacs/build/info/").

Each of these two directories has a `dir' file.  They are exact copies
from the emacs-trunk repository (with a single `Info' entry).

I thought this issue would have an immediate and trivial solution, but
since (a) it's something more obscure, (b) it's specific to my setup,
and (c) It's unimportant, I don't think it's worth to spend more time
on this.

So, feel free to close this report.

Thanks.

-- 
Dani Moncayo