Subject: Re: bug#9889: 24.0.90; emacsclient fails to start on OSX

From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 10:02:49 -0700

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>> But this worked before, so something has changed.

Stefan> Could be that the TMPDIR has changed.

I don't think so.  The emacsclient is being invoked from within a shell
window in the emacs.  So I know they share the same $TMPDIR, and in
fact, in $TMPDIR, I see the socket.

Stefan>   But also emacsclient/server used
Stefan> to ignore TMPDIR.  I can't remember when this was changed (I think it
Stefan> was in Emacs-23).

Well, I know it worked about a month ago, and I've been tracking HEAD.
I guess I'll have to try to bisect this out.  Lots of long compiling
ahead for me. :(

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion