Subject: bug#9888: 24.0.90; doc of `describe-bindings' display

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:36:23 -0700

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-10/msg01152.html.
 
Nowhere do we document the fact that the key info (bindings and
translations) is displayed in order of precedence.  We should.
 
If we decide _not_ to include key translations (see the emacs-devel
thread), then we should at least add some text at the beginning of the
`C-h b' display describing the order: the info about the order that is
currently given in several places in the Emacs and Elisp manuals, and in
the `describe-bindings' doc string.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-10-24 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include"
-I"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include" --ldflags
-L"D:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib"'