Subject: bug#9879: 23.3; making script executable with tramp

From: Dan Gildea <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 19:42:09 -0400

On Thu, October 27, 2011 at  7:17PM, Glenn Morris wrote:
>I am unable to reproduce this using Emacs 23.3 and Tramp's scpc method.
>The file is correctly made executable. Perhaps you could give more
>details about what Tramp method you are using, etc. Also perhaps do M-x
>toggle-debug-on-error, repeat the process, and post the resulting
>backtrace. Though I guess the error can only be due to file-modes
>returning nil.

Thanks for looking into this.  I am using the scpc method.  The
local machine is a Mac (10.7) and the remote machine is linux
(fedora 15).

Here is the backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
   logand(nil 73)
   executable-make-buffer-file-executable-if-script-p()
   run-hooks(after-save-hook)
   basic-save-buffer()
   save-buffer(1)
   call-interactively(save-buffer nil nil)

emacs version:

GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.2.0, GTK+ Version 2.24.6)