Subject: bug#9876: 24.0.90; doc for `define-derived-mode'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 22:04:20 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> The doc, in both the Elisp manual and the doc string, should say that
> parameter NAME corresponds to variable `mode-name'.
>
> Users who define major modes without using `define-derived-mode' will
> learn about `mode-name' and understand it when they need it or come in
> contact with it.  Users who use only `define-derived-mode' are ignorant
> of this connection to the variable, unless the doc points it out.
>
> Similarly, for other variables that might be concerned - e.g.,
> `major-mode'.  Such variables should be mentioned in the doc for `d-d-m'
> and the connection made to its parameters.

I think that just sounds more confusing.  The doc looks good to me the
way it is.  Closing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/