Subject: bug#9873: 24.0.90; dired - window changes size when trying to delete more than one file

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 19:16:15 +0200

> Are we waiting for a conclusion whether to set `window-nest' to t by default
 > or to bind it individually where necessary?

Setting it to t by default and _not_ binding it individually will have
detrimental consequences for people who don't want it always t.  Juanma
wants it always t because he wants to control the layout of his windows.
I'm more sloppy in this respect.  Hence if we choose to handle this via
`window-nest' we should bind that individually.

 > Are there other options?

You could try writing a suitable buffer display function ;-)

 >>> Ibuffer has the same issue, btw.
 >> More will turn up.
 >
 > In Message#45 of Bug#1806 you already found more:
 >
 > `Electric-pop-up-window', `ibuffer-confirm-operation-on',
 > `disabled-command-function', `proced-send-signal',
 > `fancy-startup-screen', `display-time-world', `widget-choose'.

I forgot about these.  Must have been some quick random search.

martin