Subject: bug#9872: hello project web page includes libc and autotools manuals?

From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2024 14:55:36 -0700

from what i can tell, there's no action required for libtool here ?

Only if you want to get rid of your symlinks.

    we aren't including any manuals in the libtool site.  those URIs work
    because we've setup syminks, not because we copied content over.

Texinfo has supported cross-manual references "correctly" for a decade
now (version 5.0, ca.2013). The control file is named htmlxref.cnf
(should already be in any Texinfo installation).

I don't think you have to do anything special; the cross-manual xrefs
should just come out referring to the manuals on their own project page.
The implementation is described here:
https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/texinfo.html#HTML-Xref

We never implemented links for PDFs, though, which I see you're making
symlinks for. Is that so if someone clicks on a link in libtool.pdf
(reading online) which goes to emacs.pdf, it works? That is not a case
that was relevant in the past, but I imagine it could be added (not by me).

Thanks,
Karl