Subject: bug#9867: 24.0.90; quit-window should provide quit-window-hook

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:18:59 -0700

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

> If people really need such a hook at all, please
>
> - Make it either an abnormal hook run with the window quit as argument
>   or run it from 'quit-window' but then only if it quits the selected
>   window.

I was going back and forth on whether to call the hook from
`quit-window' or `quit-restore-window', so I ended up with invalid vode
in the latter.  Thinking about it a bit more, I think it makes more
sense to just run it from the former command -- other callers that call
`quit-restore-window' should perhaps call that hook manually (or not) at
all.

I'll move the hook over.

> - Fix the reference to the non-existent function 'quit-buffer'.

OK; done.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no