Subject: bug#9854: Problem with emacs

From: Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:32:34 -0400

Hi. Forgive me if my question is misdirected or unclear; I am a
student and aspiring developer and am trying to communicate with those
who I think will know more about the problem I am experiencing.

I am using gnu emacs 23.3.1 x86_64-pc-linux-gnu GTK+ version 2.24.5 on
Ubuntu 11.10 in Gnome.

When I'm working in emacs on various file types ( .cpp, .h ) sometimes
the text I have just typed does not show as itself but the cursor
moves forward and the text has in fact been typed into the buffer.
Perhaps my problem is not clear to the reader; consider an event where
one types text into any screen with a white background; as the word
"apple" is typed, only "a     " shows up, or a variation thereof with
corruption and distortion. This happens with whole lines or words.

I regret installing 11.10 for the multitude of conflicts I've
experienced. I figure I will revert to 11.04 or 10.10 or another
distro and am certain I this problem will cease to exist. However
doing so will take time and I'm busy working on an assignment; may
anyone provide information as to why and how my problem occurs?
Sincerely,

- -- 
Alexander