Subject: 24.0.90; o and c-o in RMAIL change buffer

From: john ffitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:08:49 +0100

When reading mail o writes the message to another file, or buffer if
it is loaded.  It also changes to that buffer and this seriously
interferes with work flow, as it is inconsistent with when the file is
not in a buffer. This seems fairly recent behaviour and is causing
significant problems.  Could it stay in the originating buffer, or
have an option so to do?

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.7 (x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2011-10-20 on harvey
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> / j u <backspace> o i n SPC c s o u n d <return> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <help-echo> C-x C-f <backspace> 
<return> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> <next> 
<down> <down> d <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-x C-f G 
N U _ 2 1 / e m <tab> t e <backspace> <backspace> / 
t <tab> <return> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> C-h 
k o C-x b C-g C-x C-f ~ / R M A I L <return> y <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-1> q C-h l o C-g C-f C-g C-g C-g C-h k C-o <help-echo> 
C-h k o C-h k C-o <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-2> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-2> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> M-x e m a c s - b <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o <tab> r <tab> <ret
urn>

Recent messages:
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [7 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [7 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [7 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [7 times]
Invalid face reference: my-trailing-space-face
Invalid face reference: my-tab-face [7 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mailalias emacsbug vc-bzr find-func rmailout sendmail
mime-compose mail-alias-menu mailcrypt mail-extr rmailkwd rmailmm
message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mail-utils network-stream auth-source eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache starttls tls erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ring erc-track erc-match
erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp dired help-mode eldoc
cal-julian image-file crypt crypt++ crypt+pgp-pub paren uniquify
advice help-fns advice-preload view cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs holidays
hol-loaddefs regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs time
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

==John ffitch