Subject: bug#9810: cw in viper mode clobbers clipboard

From: Bob Nnamtrop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:12:17 -0600

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I like the behavior of select-active-regions when it is set to t.
>
> [ FWIW, I don't. ;-)  ]

I figured I would set select-active-regions to nil since I never
changed in in earlier versions, but there is an difference to the old
behavior. In 23.3 (and before):

-when one used the mouse to select a region the primary selection was set

-when one set the mark and used movement commands to make an active
region, the primary selection was not set

In 24.0., if select-active-regions is t, both of these actions set the
primary selection. But if select-active-regions is nil, neither of
these actions set the primary selection.

Do you know how I would get the behavior back what it was in 23.3?

Thanks,
Bob