Subject: Re: bug#9810: cw in viper mode clobbers clipboard

From: Bob Nnamtrop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:57:57 -0600

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Right after you type 'cw' nothing in the buffer is erased. The word is
>> hi-lighted but that is it. So it should not change any selection at
>
> That's what is supposed to happen now that select-active-regions
> defaults to t.

Playing around a bit more exposes more inconsistencies:

-using the viper command R (viper-overwrite) hi-lights to the end of
the line in a similar way as cw does to the end of the word but the
primary selection is not clobbered. This is inconsistent to the
behavior of cw (although better).

-pasting in the primary selection (using <middle mouse>) or the
clipboard using C-y after the viper command R pastes the selection in
front of the 'R selection' instead of replacing the first part of the
'R selection' (whereas the same action after cw replaces the first
part of the 'cw selection'). Here the behavior of R is worse than cw.

Bob