Subject: Re: bug#9810: cw in viper mode clobbers clipboard

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:48:45 +0200

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 18:44, Bob Nnamtrop <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Lennart Borgman
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 18:18, Bob Nnamtrop <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> But 'asdf' should have been pasted in. This also occurs with other
>>> commands like 'ct', etc. This is very annoying and I cannot imagine
>>> using the new version if this is not fixed.
>>
>> I think the current behavior is the correct one. Why do you think it
>> is in error?
>>
>
> Because the just typing 'cw' should not cause either clipboard or
> primary to be altered.

I do expect cw to cause the clipboard to change since something from
the buffer is erased. I think most people would expect that too.

However I do not understand the reason for why think differently.
(Except that you find it inconvenient, but that is a different thing.)