Subject: Re: bug#9810: cw in viper mode clobbers clipboard

From: Bob Nnamtrop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:44:31 -0600

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Lennart Borgman
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 18:18, Bob Nnamtrop <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> But 'asdf' should have been pasted in. This also occurs with other
>> commands like 'ct', etc. This is very annoying and I cannot imagine
>> using the new version if this is not fixed.
>
> I think the current behavior is the correct one. Why do you think it
> is in error?
>

Because the just typing 'cw' should not cause either clipboard or
primary to be altered. The word is highlighted but that should be it,
it should not go into primary (or clipboard or any other selection).
The way it is now the common (for me) work-flow (put something into
primary, go somewhere else, use cw then <middel mouse> to change that
word) described above does not work anymore. The changes to primary
and clipboard described in NEWS have nothing to do with this (or
should not).

Bob