Subject: bug#98: 23.0.60; uid problems on w32

From: "Lennart Borgman \(gmail\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 23:09:07 +0100

I have got at bug report from Thierry Daucourt through

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/EmacsW32

It looks like this could be a bug in Emacs. The crucial part of that bug 
report are the values investigated at the end of 
`server-ensure-safe-dir' where the user get the following for 
file-attributes and user-id:

  attrs (t 1 -14706 513 (18414 17797) (18414 17797) (18414 17797) 0 
drwxrwxrwx
  nil 34842 (7173 . 33003))
  nth 2 attrs **-14706**
  user id **50830**

He also checked with Cygwin which gave other values than the two 
different above for the uid:

  $ ls -ld server/
  drwxr-xr-x+ 2 my_user mkgroup-l-d 0 Mar 29 14:35 server/
  $ id
  uid=**60830**(my_user) gid=10545(mkgroup-l-d) 
groups=0(root),544(Administrators),545(Users),10545(mkgroup-l-d)

If I do not misunderstand him he has got these values from the unpatched 
version below.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
  of 2008-03-25