Subject: 24.0.90; Unwanted tramp connection on eshell completion.

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 06:53:17 +0200

Hi all,

Eshell completion (pcomplete) fail when a hostname starting with "t" is
present in "~/.ssh/config".

To reproduce:
Create such a shortcut in "~/.ssh/config" say "toto".

Start eshell.
enter: cd \t and try to complete with <tab> (we want to complete to /tmp
here)

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-10-18 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-gconf' '--without-gsettings''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org-Agenda Week Diary Ddl Grid

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  anything-completion-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: Enable anything completion in Dired functions.
Bindings affected are C, R, S, H.
This is deprecated for Emacs24+ users, use `ac-mode' instead.
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-g s <return> M-n <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> C-j <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <right> <right> <right> C-h f <return> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <down> <up> 
<down> <up> q <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-z 
l <return> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <right> <backspace> 
M-x c o m p l e <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <return> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d e M-x <return> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
( d e f <backspace> M-x c o m p l e t i o n <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <return> C-< C-x k <return> 
M-x l i s p <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> <left> C-h f 
C-z C-g <right> <backspace> <backspace> C-z 1 <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <return> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> C-c a a C-x C-² M-x r e p o <
return>

Recent messages:
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Invalid face reference: quote [181 times]

Invalid face reference: quote [125 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug flow-fill smiley gnus-cite mail-extr qp
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml
nnfolder netrc network-stream starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-dired
debug find-func cal-iso preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr
reftex-auc reftex imenu reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex
latexenc conf-mode newcomment vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate rect
dvc-annotate xgit-log dvc-revlist vc-rcs sh-script xhg-dvc xhg
xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log dvc-diff uniquify dvc-fileinfo bzr-core
xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-unix
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl image-file
newsticker newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker
newst-backend xdvi-search em-term term ehelp electric pdbtrack
whitespace paren time winner mime-w3m mime eword-decode mel path-util
mime-parse std11 luna mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20
pces-20 broken pcustom poe w3m-load help-mode view avoid tramp-cache
tramp-sh recentf tree-widget savehist googlecl google-maps
google-maps-static google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char
mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen smallurl mm-url
xml-weather rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
pcvs-util auto-document autodoc mb-depth ioccur moz cl-info slime
hideshow hyperspec slime-autoloads ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util
woman man esh-toggle em-xtra flymake ipython python-mode info-look
ansi-color executable eldoc-eval eldoc no-word regex-tool
dired-extension image-dired yaoddmuse skeleton sgml-mode
emms-mplayer-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs
dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips add-log diff-mode
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui
dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site htmlize-hack
htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo
muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start
cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler
bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp init-anything-thierry
anything-describe-keybindings anything-delicious anything-mercurial
anything-stgit anything-config browse-url rx anything-match-plugin xml
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile tramp tramp-compat
shell pcomplete comint ring format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux
dired regexp-opt ffap thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived
epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
usage-memo eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl
w3m-wget preview-latex tex-site auto-loads info easymenu tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty
emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997