Subject: bug#9779: No usable browser found on Lubuntu

From: Lawrence Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:12:21 +0100

Juri Linkov wrote:

>> Better would be if we can use xdg-open.  Could you check if xdg-open
>> works, and if so, how to adjust browse-url-can-use-xdg-open accordingly?

> `browse-url-can-use-xdg-open' returns nil.  Below are expressions
> from this function and results of their evaluation:

> (getenv "DISPLAY")
> => ":0"

> (executable-find "xdg-open")
> => "/usr/bin/xdg-open"

> (executable-find "nohup")
> => "/usr/bin/nohup"

I note that since 22-Jun-2011 browse-url-xdg-open no longer uses
nohup.  This is either a mistake on my part (I didn't read the
comment in browse-url-can-use-xdg-open) or it is indeed
unnecessary and therefore isn't a requirement for xdg-open.

Lawrence
-- 
Lawrence Mitchell <[email-masked]>