Subject: bug#9766: 24.0.50; rmail-forward makes attachment that doesn't read right

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:28:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> We have Lars and we have Rainer.  I wouldn't worry about that.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure that it was valid MIME.

The structure was basically

---------------------
Headers: Bla bla

--delimiter line
..
--end--
---------------------

Reading RFC2046, the CRLF preceding the delimiter line is part of the
delimiter line.  But at the same time, the blank line after the headers
is the thing that delimits the headers from the body, which means that
the same blank line has two different overlapping meanings, which may
make some very strict parsers misbehave.

Adding an additional blank line before the delimiter line should fix
this and make this unambiguously valid MIME.

Unless I'm missing something in RFC2046.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/