Subject: bug#9764: 24.0.90; Stop tracing in Edebug

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 00:00:26 +0200

[This is the first time I try Edebug, so, maybe I'm missing something].

>From "emacs -Q":

1. Instrument the function [a] for Edebug ("C-u C-M-x" from the function).
2. Type "(fac 3) C-x C-e" (to begin Edebugging).
3. Type "t" (to start tracing).
4. Before the execution ends, type "S" (to stop tracing).
--> (Observed) Tracing does not stop (SPC, "n" or any other command
doesn't seem to work either).
--> (Expected) Tracing stops, as described in [b].

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2011-10-13 on DANI-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5)'

--- Footnotes ---

[a]
(defun fac (n)
  (if (< 0 n)
      (* n (fac (1- n)))
    1))

[b] Paragraph from (info "(elisp)Edebug Execution Modes"):
     While executing or tracing, you can interrupt the execution by typing
  any Edebug command.  Edebug stops the program at the next stop point and
  then executes the command you typed.  For example, typing `t' during
  execution switches to trace mode at the next stop point.  You can use
  `S' to stop execution without doing anything else.

-- 
Dani Moncayo