Subject: Re: bug#9760: 24.0.50; crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 00:14:24 +0200

> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 17:41:35 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> 
> emacs -Q
> (setq scroll-conservatively 10000) C-j
> 
> Visit the file `foo1' that you get from uudecoding what
> appears below.  Type
>   C-s leaving C-l C-l (to put the current line at the top of the screen).
>   C-p C-p C-p C-p M-f.  It should crash at that point.

I cannot reproduce this with today's bzr.  I tried both on GNU/Linux
and MS-Windows, in a GUI session and in -nw.  On Windows, I tried both
an unoptimized build and an optimized build.  None of them crashes.

Can you tell what does "bzr revno" show in your bzr branch from which
you built this binary?  I'm confused by the fact that you say you
fetched the sources today, but emacs-version still shows 24.0.50, when
it should have been 24.0.90.

In any case, a full backtrace from the crash, including the immediate
reason for it, would be of great help.

TIA