Subject: bug#9760: 24.0.50; crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 22:56:50 +0200

> Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:44:15 -0400
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked]
> 
>       I'm confused by the fact that you say you
>     fetched the sources today, but emacs-version still shows 24.0.50, when
>     it should have been 24.0.90.
> 
> That may be because I did not do a bootstrap recently.  It takes a long time.
> I just compiled the C and Lisp files.

I don't think you need to bootstrap to have the version string
updated.  I think running `configure' is enough.

> If this is crucial, I will do a bootstrap tonight to check.

Bootstrapping is not crucial, but I'd prefer that you run `configure'
next time you build, and see if the problem persists.

> But I think that the fact that I'm running on a Longxin (MIPS-like)
> rather than an x86 is more likely to make the difference.

Possibly.

> #0  0x0043ff40 in set_cursor_from_row (w=0x8ee928, row=0xc558cc, 
>     matrix=0x8eef58, delta=0, delta_bytes=0, dy=0, dvpos=0) at xdisp.c:13693

Line 13693 of xdisp.c is this:

    while (/* not marched to end of glyph row */

This cannot possibly crash.

Was this an abort or a SIGSEGV?  If the latter, which variable around
line 13693 is invalid?  Is it `glyph' or `row'?