Subject: Re: bug#9760: 24.0.50; crash

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:44:15 -0400

Can you tell what does "bzr revno" show in your bzr branch from which
    you built this binary?

106087.

      I'm confused by the fact that you say you
    fetched the sources today, but emacs-version still shows 24.0.50, when
    it should have been 24.0.90.

That may be because I did not do a bootstrap recently.  It takes a long time.
I just compiled the C and Lisp files.

If this is crucial, I will do a bootstrap tonight to check.
But I think that the fact that I'm running on a Longxin (MIPS-like)
rather than an x86 is more likely to make the difference.

Here is the backtrace.

#0  0x0043ff40 in set_cursor_from_row (w=0x8ee928, row=0xc558cc, 
    matrix=0x8eef58, delta=0, delta_bytes=0, dy=0, dvpos=0) at xdisp.c:13693
#1  0x00477390 in redisplay_window (window=9365805, just_this_one_p=1)
    at xdisp.c:14856
#2  0x0047ae50 in redisplay_window_1 (window=12933324) at xdisp.c:13571
#3  0x006180f0 in internal_condition_case_1 (
    bfun=0x47ae0c <redisplay_window_1>, arg=9365805, handlers=9297766, 
    hfun=0x439964 <redisplay_window_error>) at eval.c:1537
#4  0x00463940 in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13196
#5  0x00464014 in redisplay () at xdisp.c:12343
#6  0x0057adec in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=2, maps=0x7fa404e0, 
    prev_event=9315578, used_mouse_menu=0x7fa40528, end_time=0x0)
    at keyboard.c:2443
#7  0x0057eb94 in read_key_sequence (keybuf=0x7fa40608, bufsize=30, 
    prompt=9315578, dont_downcase_last=0, can_return_switch_frame=1, 
    fix_current_buffer=1) at keyboard.c:9282
#8  0x00581938 in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1447
#9  0x0061853c in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x581398 <command_loop_1>, 
    handlers=9346626, hfun=0x58333c <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1499
#10 0x005810ac in command_loop_2 (ignore=<value optimized out>)
    at keyboard.c:1158
#11 0x00618698 in internal_catch (tag=<value optimized out>, 
    func=0x581050 <command_loop_2>, arg=9315578) at eval.c:1256
#12 0x005836e4 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:1137
#13 0x00583944 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:821
#14 0x00568a10 in main (argc=1, argv=0x7fa40de4) at emacs.c:1706

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/