Subject: bug#9749: 23.2; Compile-mode detection of error locations accounts for tabs incorrectly

From: Matthieu Lemerre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 10:34:13 +0200

I should have thought there would be an option for this; this solves the
problem. Thank you.

I have encountered at least two compilers which display character
positions instead of screen columns: gcc, and the ocaml compiler (the
latter also needs compilation-first-column to be set to 0). Given that
GCC is widely used and now display character positions of errors,
shouldn't the default value for compilation-error-screen-columns change?
Or maybe these parameters should be detected according to the mode of
the file in which there is an error?

Best regards,
Matthieu Lemerre

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 19:41:19 +0200, Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Try setting compilation-error-screen-columns to nil.
> 
> Andreas.
> 
> -- 
> Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
> GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
> "And now for something completely different."