Subject: Re: bug#9739: 24.0.90; abort at find_row_edges xdisp.c:18714

From: Haitao Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 03:07:57 +0800

Sorry! Re-sent with bug tracker CC-ed.

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 2:45 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Please keep the bug tracker on the CC list.
>
>> > I don't have any git trees on my machine, and don't have egg-log
>> > installed.  So please see if the patch below solves this problem.
>> >
>>
>> Still aborted at the same place, with almost the same backtrace.
>
> Then please tell me where to get egg-log, it isn't part of Emacs.
>

I tested with this very recent version of egg.el.
https://raw.github.com/bogolisk/egg/9ae5b190daa162e9bc67bc07e30254a35b168301/egg.el

BTW, I just found the crash first happened on this revision. It works
okay on the version before that. (Sorry for not using bzr version
number.)

commit 00d451f4f7f9b9fef08a36c9d61b6f803480d1ba
Author: Eli Zaretskii
Date:   Tue Sep 20 20:13:45 2011 +0300

   Fix bug #9549 with longlines-show-hard-newlines.

    src/xdisp.c (set_cursor_from_row): If the row ends in a newline from
    a display string, extend search for cursor position to end of row.
    (find_row_edges): If the row ends in a newline from a display
    string, increment its MATRIX_ROW_END_CHARPOS by one.
    Handle the case of a display string with multiple newlines.