Subject: Re: bug#28893: emacs-26.0.90 minor build issue on OpenIndiana

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2017 08:08:23 -0400

tags 9736 fixed
close 9736 26.1
quit

"Nelson H. F. Beebe" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Paul Eggert proposes a small patch to the emacs-26.0.90 configure
> script to deal with the build problem that I reported for OpenIndiana.
>
> I've just done a fresh build on that system, and Paul's patch solves
> the problem:

Okay, closing.

> I suggest, however, that configure.ac acquire some explanatory
> comments to document why -lcurses should be searched before -ltermcap
> on OpenIndiana.

A later commit [1: 19667f44ef], adds a mention of OpenIndiana, and the
existing reference to Bug#9736 explains the reasoning for AIX (AFAICT,
the library situation is the same on both these OSes).

[1: 19667f44ef]: 2017-10-24 11:46:53 -0700
  * configure.ac: Tweak libcurses diagnostic.
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=19667f44efabda7d4e53e706c6cd8140145b2a1a